BEYOND AN ADVANCED INTRODUCTION TO PUBLIC CHOICE
In this course, Randall Holcombe, Professor of Economics at Florida State University, discusses “Public Choice.” This unique approach to politics is characterized by the application of practical lessons learned in the field of economics. Professor Holcombe treats important figures like Ronald H. Coase and James Buchanan, whose ideas can help us to better understand how and why individuals make political decisions.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Live Online Sessions: Pending
- Enrollment Deadline: Pending
- Free Course: Certificate of Completion, US$20.00
- Ph.D. in economics from Virginia Tech.
- Professor of Economics at Florida State University.
- Senior Fellow at the James Madison Institute, a Tallahassee-based think tank that specializes in issues facing state governments.
- Past president of the Public Choice Society and the Society for the Development of Austrian Economics.
- Author of fifteen books and more than 150 articles published in academic and professional journals. His books include From Liberty to Democracy: The Transformation of American Government (2002), Producing Prosperity (2013), and Political Capitalism: How Economic and Political Power Is Made and Maintained (2018).